about 22 hours ago
We are so excited to help you build incredible things this week. We’re delighted to share what’s been going on:
- If you’re new to the hackathon, be sure to check out the field guide and introduce yourself in Slack!
- The video of the keynote is now live on YouTube. Check it out here.
- Also, subscribe to our YouTube channel for other AMAs and interviews that we’ll release this week.
- Add the calendar to your calendar to stay current with events this week.
- We have 3 office hours scheduled for tomorrow.
2 days ago
Kickoff is on Sunday, July 5th: join us at 10am PT/1pm ET for our Keynote. Can’t make it? Don’t worry! The whole Keynote event will be recorded and shared to give you the insider information. TUNE IN HERE!
Special guests include:
- Justin Kan & 7 Cups in dialogue about mental health and the healing power of technology
- Dennis Crowley: Global Movement Data and API For Contact Tracing
- HelpWithCovid & Deed: Partnering to Make a Social Impact
- #Quaranteam: The Profile Frame that Saves Lives
- Jericho Project: Solving Homelessness in The Bronx
ShockTalk: Culturally-tailored Telemedicine
3 days ago
Welcome to the COVID-19 Global Hackathon 2.0: Social & Mental Health!
If you do one thing, it is this: check out the hackathon field guide.
Check out some resources which will begin your crazy adventure.
- Idea Board is a place to discover ideas to work on. If your vision isn’t represented, add your idea here to start attracting interest and collaborators.
- Mentor Board is a place to see all mentors/domain experts available
- Participant Board helps identify teammates and identify people to ask for help. Fill out your Participant Profile first.
- Calendar of events during the hackathon. Subscribe to it…
4 days ago
We are not your usual hackathon. We are creating a community of people focused on building a future that’s far better than the one we seem to be heading toward. To that end, we want to encourage you to see this community as a collaborative one where we’re all helping each other as much as we can. Share ideas and resources and find ways to contribute wherever you can.
This hackathon IS FOR YOU, whether you know it or not. In order to build products that matter, we need hackers, designers, dreamers, community organizers, and so many more.…
4 days ago
We have some exciting updates about COVID Global Hackathon 2.0.
1. SPEAKER SERIES
We have some BIG news: This Sunday, July 5, we're kicking off the CGH2.0 speaker series with a bang. Join us from 10 AM PDT / 1 PM EDT until noon / 2 PM for a roundtable featuring:
7 days ago
1. We have brought on some new mentors today, and they are on Slack now. Check out their profiles, and don't hesitate to reach out with questions!
- SAS: Sterlina Smith, I-Sah Hsieh, and Brian Vanderbloemen to provide guidance on data, government relations, and education
- Hatch & Bloom: Sherry Ezhuthachan to provide guidance and ideation and execution
- More to come tomorrow!
2. If you need a team, please reach out to me on Slack (@friday) and I will help you out!