about 2 months ago
Hello CGH2.0 Community,
We’ve selected three top teams to present at our final event, Mental Health Tech in 2020 to be held on September 8th at 1pm PT/4pm ET.
RSVP FOR TUESDAY’S EVENT: bit.ly/MHTech2020
We spent over a month reviewing every project submission, following up with team leads, and advising a small number of participants. After careful consideration and recommendations from mentors, the following teams will be featured during Tuesday’s event:
- Big & Mini: a nonprofit that created an online platform to connect seniors (Bigs) with young people (Minis) to share life lessons, experiences, and stories
- CareCards: a collection of card-based, interactive psychological tests that help people learn more about their emotional state
- OpenABA: a telehealth tool for childhood autism therapists
These teams will be part of a larger conversation on how startups are responding to mental health and social challenges during a pandemic, alongside late stage founders of health tech companies, 7 Cups and Quartet Health.
We’d also like to recognize four honorable mention teams, who have made immense strides in support of accessible mental health & wellness for local, youth, and Native communities:
- Afya Bora: an appointment scheduling platform that will allow Tanzanian residents to schedule an in-person or online appointment with a general physician or specialist
- Calm On!: A prototype mobile adventure game that promotes emotional intelligence and healthy mental health habits
- HalcyonDays: A time visualizer and task organizer inspired by Parkinson’s Law and encourages rest to boost productivity
- ShockTalk: A prototype telehealth platform that will offer teletherapy services for Native peoples by Native providers
We look forward to seeing you at the event on Tuesday!
COVID-19 Global Hackathon 2.0 Organizer Team