4 months ago
We have some exciting updates about COVID Global Hackathon 2.0.
1. SPEAKER SERIES
We have some BIG news: This Sunday, July 5, we're kicking off the CGH2.0 speaker series with a bang. Join us from 10 AM PDT / 1 PM EDT until noon / 2 PM for a roundtable featuring:
- Justin Kan & 7 Cups in dialogue about mental health and the healing power of technology
- Dennis Crowley: Global Movement Data and API For Contact Tracing
- HelpWithCovid & Deed: Partnering to Make a Social Impact
- #Quaranteam: The Profile Frame that Saves Lives
- Jericho Project: Solving Homelessness in The Bronx
- ShockTalk: Culturally-tailored Telemedicine
Justin Kan is also joining the reviewer panel. After the hackathon ends, he will schedule meetings with 3 interesting teams over Zoom.
2. We have brought on some new mentors over the last few days, and they are on Slack now. Check out their profiles, and don't hesitate to reach out with questions!
- Justin Kan: Founder of Twitch.tv and Atrium. He will be keynoting on Sunday.
- 7 Cups: Glen Moriarty, who runs a peer support network with active listeners.
- Kitsungi: Grace Chang and Rima Seiilova-Olson, who run a 24/7 talk therapy service.
- Slow Ventures: Adam Heerwagen, the original organizer of COVID Global Hackathon 1.0!
- Hangar: Madison Jacox, an investor.
- NYU Tandon School of Engineering: Anne-Laure Fayard, associate professor of innovation, design, and organizational studies.
- Jericho Project: Kevin Driscoll, assistant director. He will be keynoting on Sunday.
- ShockTalk: Austin Serio, CEO of ShockTalk, and Sutton King, Executive Director at Urban Indigenous Collective. They will also keynote on Sunday.
3. If you need a team, please reach out to me on Slack (@friday) and I will help you out!
It is time to use your superpowers to find ways to fight this disease.
DO YOU WANT TO MENTOR?
We are always looking for mentors. Please message @friday on Slack, and we will interview and onboard you.