4 months ago
1. We have brought on some new mentors today, and they are on Slack now. Check out their profiles, and don't hesitate to reach out with questions!
- SAS: Sterlina Smith, I-Sah Hsieh, and Brian Vanderbloemen to provide guidance on data, government relations, and education
- Hatch & Bloom: Sherry Ezhuthachan to provide guidance and ideation and execution
- More to come tomorrow!
2. If you need a team, please reach out to me on Slack (@friday) and I will help you out!
The world couldn't be crazier these days:
- The supposed "treatment" for COVID remdesivir now costs $2340 per patient 
- Arizona shut down again, after its governor notoriously pushed for reopening 
- WHO warns worst is yet to come 
It is time to use your superpowers to find ways to fight this disease.
- How can we protect people from boredom when quarantining?
- How can we increase access to factual information about the safety of masks?
- How can we lighten the economic effects of COVID?
Before the hackathon starts, it's good think about these questions. Talk about it your friends, family, teachers and mentors. This is the time to start making a difference.
Do you want to mentor?
We are always looking for mentors. Please message @friday on Slack, and we will interview and onboard you.